1. Enter Reservoir Tests tab in Airtable
Create entries with the codes of all the reservoirs to be tested in this session
2. Test Each Reservoir
- For each reservoir, stick probe end of BlueLab truncheon into reservoir water, halfway deep into the reservoir.
- Once light starts flashing, pull out truncheon.
- Log EC scale value into ACTUAL EC column
- If light is blinking between two values, log halfway between the two values
- Turn on pH PEN and remove cap
- Place halfway deep into reservoir
- Allow 20 seconds for reading to normalize
- Log pH scale value into ACTUAL pH column
- Log temperature value into Temperature column
- Rinse off probes. Return cap to pH pen and return to shelf.
3. Apply doses if necessary
- Only dose if EC Instruction and/or PH INSTRUCTION fields show a value other than zero.
- Get clean graduated cylinders
- Check nutrient type from reservoir table [ELABORATE]
- Have a side towel ready for drips
- Refer to EC Instruction and pH instruction columns for specific reservoir.
- Pour nutrient liquid into graduated cylinder up to level indicated on EC INSTRUCTION column
- Pour nutrient liquid into reservoir
- If pH INSTRUCTION is positive (>0) use pH UP.
- If pH INSTRUCTION is negative (<0) use pH DOWN.
- Pour pH fluid into graduated cylinder up to level indicated on PH INSTRUCTION column
- Pour pH liquid into reservoir
- Rinse graduated cylinder in sink.
- If using a two-part nutrient, divide EC instruction in HALF and apply those parts individually to the reservoir.
DO NOT MIX nutrients together outside of the reservoir.