Mold / Foul smell:
- Create NOTE on specific BATCH with progress shot. Describe the mold color, smell, location, etc.
- Spray with hydrogen peroxide solution.
- Use the HDX spray bottle.
- Use about 1:3 ratio of HP:water.
- Test spray on small patch of organic matter. If it starts to bubble, then the strength is sufficient to use on plants. If it does not bubble, add more HP.
- Only mix up enough HP solution for one day’s use. HP loses potency quickly.
- 3-5 minutes after the HP is applied, mist with clean water.
- If possible, remove humidity dome / cover tray to allow the surface of the growing medium to dry out a little bit (but not to the point where the seeds dry).
- Double check the humidity level before leaving at the end of the day and mist with clean water if needed.
- Use HP treatment everyday mold is visible.
- If after 3 days of daily HP treatment, the problem persists, then PURGE and REPLANT.
- Create NOTE on BATCH with progress shot.
- Mist with clean water over top to the point where the growing medium is saturated.
- If on the following day the crop has not recovered, then PURGE and REPLANT.
- Create NOTE on BATCH with progress shot. Identify the specific pest (catch pest with clear tape, observe under handheld microscope).
- Use Wondercide spray on equipment near infected crop.
- Use Wondercide on a humidity dome (inside and out) and place on top of the infected crop.
- Quarantine affected crops. (Location TBD)
- Sanitize hands, tools, etc that came in contact with affected crop.
- If on the subsequent day, the pests are still visible on the crop, then PURGE and REPLANT.
Dark cycle sprouting:
- When hand-watering, any BATCH in which more than 50% of the seeds have sprouted, remove solid tray on top and replace with clear humidity dome.
Removing Humidity Domes:
- Remove humidity dome when true leaves appear and the roots are well established in the growing medium — generally 3-5 days after dark cycle.
- If the tray is very close to a large circulation fan, do not fully remove the humidity dome.
Stretching / leaning:
- Create NOTE on BATCH with progress shot. Describe the pattern.
- If solid tray is on top, remove and replace with clear humidity dome.
- Move batch into an area with direct overhead light.
- If the stretching / leaning is severe on a crop that is intended to be sold LIVE, then REPLANT.
- If the stretching / leaning renders the batch unusable, then PURGE and REPLANT.